DENTAL VENEERS IN FRAMINGHAM
Metrowest Prosthodontics offers veneers in Framingham, MA.
Veneers are natural-looking cosmetic solutions that can create a dramatic smile makeover. Veneers can be applied to one or several teeth for any of the of these reasons:
- Correct between-teeth gaps
- Correct uneven lengths
- Correct teeth that are slightly misaligned
- Correct discoloration
- Restore any chipped teeth
- Correct slightly crooked teeth
- Change tooth size or shape
Types of Veneers
There are several types of veneers:
- Porcelain Veneers – the longest-lasting and most aesthetically-pleasing type of veneer. They’re created in a lab following precise specifications provided by your dentist, and they imitate the look of your natural enamel, using multiple thin layers of porcelain. The size, color, shape, and fit are all fully customized.
- Composite Veneers – Made using composite resin, these may be made in the dental office or in a dental lab and usually cost less than porcelain veneers. Like porcelain veneers, they too are fully customized, but the composite material is somewhat stain-susceptible and does not last as long as porcelain.
- Instant Veneers – Prefabricated resin veneers are not customized to the shape and fit of your tooth. However, they do come in many different sizes and shapes, and patients can work with their dentist to select the best match. Because there are fewer appointments and no lab fees, this solution is highly affordable, and it can also often be done in just one visit. They are not as durable as porcelain veneers.
Veneers can be fabricated and bonded to a single tooth, or many teeth to change your smile.
Veneer Treatment at Metrowest Prosthodontics
Our treatment is a two step process:
First: The tooth or teeth are prepared by removing a minimal amount of tooth enamel so that your veneers will attach securely, and then contouring the teeth. An impression of the tooth is taken and sent to the lab to fabricate the veneers. Temporary veneers are made in the office that day and cemented with temporary cement until the permanent veneers are created and can be applied.
Second: You’ll return to the office for the insertion of the veneers. The porcelain restorations are bonded directly to your teeth, giving you a beautiful smile.
In short, if you are looking for a solution to stained, chipped, gapped, misaligned or unevenly sized teeth, easy-to-apply veneers are an excellent option.
They’re simple to place on your teeth, and are bonded to the front tooth surface, improving the appearance of your teeth cosmetically as well as restoratively. They are quite simple to place on your teeth, quickly and painlessly.
While you cannot remove veneers again, they are simple to replace when they wear out.
Caring for Dental Veneers
Veneers are as easy to care for, as they are to apply. Simply treat them as you would your natural teeth, with twice daily brushing and flossing, and regular visits to your dentist for check-ups and cleaning, every six months or as recommended.
Veneers will add confidence to any smile, and allow you to keep the strength of your natural tooth structure, too!
Ready to Learn More about Dental Veneers?
If you’re ready to learn more about dental veneers, or if you’d like to schedule an appointment to receive veneers, just call Metrowest Prosthodontics at 508-620-6622, to schedule a veneer consultation today.
Frequently Asked Questions About Dental Veneers
Do veneers ruin your teeth?
The reason? Removing a bit of enamel allows them to be attached more securely to the surface of your tooth. Because of this, once you have veneers, if they fall off or wear out, you do need to replace them with new veneers.
How long do veneers last?
Porcelain veneers usually last between 10 and 15 years with proper care and maintenance. To increase the lifespan of your veneers, be sure to brush for two minutes twice a day, floss once a day, and be sure to visit your dentist every six months or as recommended by your dental team for regular dental cleanings and exams.
What should I avoid to preserve my veneers?
The best way to preserve the life of your veneers is to maintain good oral health, which, along with regular, routine dental care, also involves avoiding some things to preserve your veneers’ longevity. What should you avoid? High-sugar foods like sodas or hard candy, chewing on ice or your fingernails, or using your teeth to open envelopes or a package. Avoiding these things are good for your natural teeth, too!
Are veneers stain resistant?
Porcelain veneers are quite stain resistant.
What happens if you grind your teeth wearing veneers?
It’s important to avoid teeth grinding to extend the life of your veneers. If teeth grinding is a habit, we can fit you with a comfortable mouthguard that will help you to avoid grinding and prevent the creation of cracks or chips.
What are veneers commonly used to correct?
Veneers can be utilized for both cosmetic and restorative purposes. They can hide chips in your teeth, discoloration, gaps in your teeth, or any misaligned teeth, all without the time or expense of implants or dentures. Quick, safe, and attractive, veneers are a great way to improve your smile.